Katie Madigan, Principal
Katie Madigan has over 20 years of experience at both the elementary and middle school levels. She is an Arlington resident and parent. Madigan holds a bachelor’s degree in Psychology from Kenyon College, an M.S. in Kinesiology from the University of New Hampshire, an M.Ed. in Elementary Education from Marymount University and an Ed.S. in Education Administration from the University of Virginia. She also has a gifted endorsement from the University of Virginia. Madigan began her career as a third grade teacher at Hoffman-Boston Elementary School. She has also served as the Resource Teacher for the Gifted and Intersession Coordinator at Barcroft Elementary School. Since 2014, Madigan served as a school-based administrator in the role of a middle school assistant principal in both Alexandria City Public Schools and Fairfax County Public Schools. Most recently, she has served the Acting Principal during the 2020-21 school year and as the Director of Student Services. As Madigan begins her new role as Principal of Taylor Elementary School, she believes that as students learn and grow, it is our responsibility as educators to foster a love of learning and curiosity while nurturing the whole child. She looks forward to working together to build a fun and safe environment, where all staff, students and families feel welcome and valued. Madigan is looking forward to becoming immersed in the Taylor Elementary School community.
Caitlin Sherman, Assistant Principal
- I am from the small town of New London, Wisconsin. After graduating high school, I attended the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, where I received a double major in Journalism and Spanish Studies.
- I then served as a Peace Corps Volunteer in the Philippines for two years where I supported the English learning of students in high school. I started working in Arlington first as a special education assistant, special education teacher, and student support coordinator.
- During that time I received a MA in Early Childhood Special Education from George Washington University and an MEd in Education Supervision from George Mason University. I am thrilled to serve Taylor Elementary School as its assistant principal in this newest opportunity.
- Although I love living in Virginia, I still consider myself a midwestern girl at heart and I take as many opportunities as I can to visit my family in Wisconsin.
- In my spare time, I listen to audiobooks, cook, and hike with my friends.
- It is a personal goal of mine to visit all of the United States National Parks, my favorites so far have been Glacier National Park and Zion National Park.