The mission of Taylor Elementary School is to foster each student’s intrinsic curiosity, joy of discovery, and experiential learning through STEAM. We prepare students to be academically successful, socially aware, scientifically literate, respectful, and responsible citizens in the global community. We achieve this by combining student-centered collaboration through professional learning communities and problem-based learning with active parental and community involvement.
Our “STEM and Beyond…” program has many facets:
- School holds regular Engineering Days annually.
- Teachers are working on their Problem-Based Learning units
- STEM Productivity Days for teacher professional development are planned annually. These sessions are designed to integrate technologies such as Sketch-Up, Scratch Jr., Blackboard, APS Google, iPads/Tablets, interactive whiteboards and other tools
- Staff is participating in their first online course on “The 4 C’s” – communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity
- Online courses for students in Grades 3, 4, and 5 will be offered soon, using NASA’s BEST program – engineering units for grades K-8
- Check out our STEM Weekly Wonder!