- I am from the small town of New London, Wisconsin. After graduating high school, I attended the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, where I received a double major in Journalism and Spanish Studies.
- I then served as a Peace Corps Volunteer in the Philippines for two years where I supported the English learning of students in high school. I started working in Arlington first as a special education assistant, special education teacher, and student support coordinator.
- During that time I received a MA in Early Childhood Special Education from George Washington University and an MEd in Education Supervision from George Mason University. I am thrilled to serve Taylor Elementary School as its assistant principal in this newest opportunity.
- Although I love living in Virginia, I still consider myself a midwestern girl at heart and I take as many opportunities as I can to visit my family in Wisconsin.
- In my spare time, I listen to audiobooks, cook, and hike with my friends.
- It is a personal goal of mine to visit all of the United States National Parks, my favorites so far have been Glacier National Park and Zion National Park.